Thursday, May 16, 2013
I look the computer message over once as I pull on my gear
Survivors: unknown
Enemy Forces: 2
We file out of the bunker. It’s the middle of the night.
No stars. No moon. No dark.
Just a world of empty green.
We spread out over the hillside.
And just in case my eyes can’t see, my little box is searching. It’s only bluish right now, but soon, I’ll see red. Little red blurs caught in a constricting trap.
We’ll find them. We always do.
Then my box will show blazing red and my eyes will see nothing but white.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
An old man with a wrinkled face and large dark glasses sat reading the midday paper. He was late today, the sun had already set long ago, b...
-
--- You should have seen my Mom’s face when she came home from the Christmas party. The kitchen counter was completely cleared off, every...
-
I stood on the other side of the road, watching the carnival goers as they danced among the rides and from booth to endless booth. I saw th...
-
Spring kneels to smell each fading bloom Touches each petal on the ground Reaches to stroke each changing leaf And holds all scents of wa...
-
It seems like only yesterday that I was chasing sunbeams All those many years ago when I was very young From the sunrise in the morning to...
Blog Archive
Followers
© Rebekah Tracy. Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment