Thursday, May 23, 2013
Bullets cascade around me, explosions echo, dirt flies into my face
But I’ve got him, my brother
My arms are clinging tight
I see beyond his bloody face, soldiers in grey camo
running toward me, shooting faceless as they come
But then their hands are on my back, pulling me away. “He’s already dead, soldier, let’s go!”
But I’m screaming, thrashing, “Don’t touch me!”
“It’s okay, I’ve got you, buddy,” one shouts into my ear.
They pry me away.
I’m weeping. Like a baby.
“Let me go!”
They hold tight.
They hold tight.
But my brother, don’t fear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
An old man with a wrinkled face and large dark glasses sat reading the midday paper. He was late today, the sun had already set long ago, b...
-
--- You should have seen my Mom’s face when she came home from the Christmas party. The kitchen counter was completely cleared off, every...
-
I stood on the other side of the road, watching the carnival goers as they danced among the rides and from booth to endless booth. I saw th...
-
Spring kneels to smell each fading bloom Touches each petal on the ground Reaches to stroke each changing leaf And holds all scents of wa...
-
It seems like only yesterday that I was chasing sunbeams All those many years ago when I was very young From the sunrise in the morning to...
Blog Archive
Followers
© Rebekah Tracy. Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment