Thursday, January 20, 2011
Disregard for the norms and unpractical traditions always leads to some kind of social failure. Unless all can see the futility of it, failure is inevitable. So instruct them in the petty rules, harness their unwilling attention to the details that make no one’s life any better. Forget not the words you should speak or the paths on which conversation should lie. Teach the proper laugh and the correct way to hold the tiny little glass. Watch their little eyes move quietly away; they see not what power lies in the tiny breakable rituals. So teach them.
Or forget them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
An old man with a wrinkled face and large dark glasses sat reading the midday paper. He was late today, the sun had already set long ago, b...
-
--- You should have seen my Mom’s face when she came home from the Christmas party. The kitchen counter was completely cleared off, every...
-
I stood on the other side of the road, watching the carnival goers as they danced among the rides and from booth to endless booth. I saw th...
-
Spring kneels to smell each fading bloom Touches each petal on the ground Reaches to stroke each changing leaf And holds all scents of wa...
-
It seems like only yesterday that I was chasing sunbeams All those many years ago when I was very young From the sunrise in the morning to...
Blog Archive
Followers
© Rebekah Tracy. Powered by Blogger.
You did it. You've gone and captured the exact feelings I've had about socializing (not entirely but in general). :)
ReplyDelete